Spring is here • Spotlight on Jan Beaney
This is a reprint of our May, 2023 newsletter. Please remember to subscribe to receive timely offers and information.
Spring is here in full swing. Time to get outdoors with those pencils, sketchbooks and mobile phone cameras to capture some inspiration of textures, color and pattern.
Enjoy this wonderful video presentation from Jan Beaney covering sketchbooks, stitch, color inspiration, location, and more.
If you enjoyed this segment from Jan why not check out one of these newly added titles to Galli Creative digital editions which cover the techniques and processes used in the film.
Some ideas for sketchbooks…
• color swatches and field observations
• quick studies and impressions
• brief notes, thoughts or quotes
• favorite spots, area maps, and architectural sketches
• fabric and thread snippets (added when you get home)
• found items (tickets, feathers, flower petals, leaves, etc.)
• a spice rubbed into a page (establishing a sense of location)
• postcards or photos (not too many!) along-side sketches