Exploring Fiber Reactive Dyes with Claire Benn
Fiber Reactive Dyes are a great resource for producing results that are colorfast and very washable. With a basic understanding of how things work, you will begin to see better results in your projects. For beginners who want to achieve great results from using fiber reactive dyes with both cloth (natural fibers) and other natural raw materials such as paper, reeds, caning (or even wood) as well as experienced fiber artists who want to improve their practice when working with fiber reactive dyes.
7+ Hours Video Instruction, 100+ page eBook with Recipes, Charts, and Guidelines, and 18 Learning Projects to ensure your success! In stock -- ships today!
Here's what's included:
Fabrics, Dyes & Ingredients for Smooth & Textured Finishes
- Workshop Introduction
- Cloth & Preparation for Dyeing
- Ingredients for Fiber Reactive Dyeing
- Bucket Dyeing: Low / High Water Immersion Dyeing
- Tray Dyeing for Texture
- Dyeing a Serial Gradation
- Dyeing in the Washing Machine & Over-dyeing
- Benchwork Basics
- Making Liquid and Thickened dye Paints.
Explore Surface Design Techniques and Colors, Neutrals & Shades
- Black Dye on White Fabric
- Screen Printing
- Dry Brush Technique
- Mark Making
- Color Exploration
- Color Mixing
- Secondary & Complex Colors
- Black, Neutrals & Shades of Gray
Recipes, Charts and Procedures included. 18 Learning Projects!
7+ Hours Video Tutorials • English Language 100+ Page eBook & Bench Guides Featuring Claire Benn -- author, instructor and textile artist.
We Also Recommend
Cloth Doll Mermaids • Patti Medaris Culea