Exploring Fiber Reactive Dyes with Claire Benn
Fiber Reactive Dyes are a great resource for producing results that are colorfast and very washable. With a basic understanding of how things work, you will begin to see better results in your projects. For beginners who want to achieve great results from using fiber reactive dyes with both cloth (natural fibers) and other natural raw materials such as paper, reeds, caning (or even wood) as well as experienced fiber artists who want to improve their practice when working with fiber reactive dyes.
One of the most comprehensive workshops on working with fiber reactive (Procion MX) dyes available.
Comprehensive and chock full of tips and tricks to get the results you are after. Claire explores the materials you will be working with in a variety of workshops designed to demystify the processes and materials used to achieve the best results. Silk screening, gradations, color charts, mark making, and both bucket, table and washing machine dye methods are covered.
Fabrics, Dyes & Ingredients for Smooth & Textured Finishes
- Workshop Introduction
- Cloth & Preparation for Dyeing
- Ingredients for Fiber Reactive Dyeing
- Bucket Dyeing: Low / High Water Immersion Dyeing
- Tray Dyeing for Texture
- Dyeing a Serial Gradation
- Dyeing in the Washing Machine & Over-dyeing
- Benchwork Basics
- Making Liquid and Thickened dye Paints
Explore Surface Design Techniques and Color, Neutrals & Shades
- Black Dye on White Fabric
- Screen Printing
- Dry Brush Technique
- Mark Making
- Color Exploration
- Color Mixing
- Secondary & Complex Colors
- Black, Neutrals & Shades of Gray
• Recipes, Charts and Procedures included.
• 18 Learning Projects! 7+ Hours Video Tutorials
• English Language 100+ Page eBook & Bench Guides
Featuring Claire Benn — author, instructor and textile artist.
|Dimensions||6 × 6 × 0.25 in|
English Language / English Subtitles
46 Video Files + 2 PDFs
Worldwide – All Regions