Color By Accident: Exploring Low-Water Immersion Dyeing
Color by Accident: Exploring Low-Water Immersion Dyeing by Ann Johnston is 250+ samples of fabrics, 17 demonstrations, and loads of technical information on MX dyes, working with cotton, and the requirements of silk fabrics.
Color By Accident Video Workshop - Preview
Take a Dye Workshop with Ann Johnston in your own home!
Interested in dyeing silk, cotton or other plant-based fibers? New to working with cold water fiber reactive dyes (also known as Procion MX Dyes)? Take a 4-hour workshop with Ann Johnston in the comfort of your own home!
This color-filled video is packed with information and will inspire many experiments by those of all skill levels who are ready to use their own unique fabrics in their quilts, garments and textile artworks.
Color By Accident Is ...
1. Low-Water Immersion Dyeing
2. Ann Johnston's Color Mixing
3. Color Gradations with Dyes
4: Manipulating Procion MX Dyes on Fabric
5. Silk and Fiber Reactive Dyes
6. Procion MX Dyes in Review
Get a thorough review of how to use Procion MX dyes to create color on fabric, the requirements, and the variables. Ann encourages us to have confidence and learn by doing. She also introduces how to use the same dye concentrates and soda solution to paint dye directly on the fabric with or without a thickener. It is easy to be inspired.
In an orderly progression of topics with over 250 samples of fabric + 17 demonstrations, Ann teaches how and when to vary her basic method of Low-Water Immersion Dyeing, including how to:
• mixing dye colors without exact recipes
• create a smooth value gradation across one piece of fabric
• manipulate the fabric to create many different textures
• manage large pieces of fabric in small spaces
• see the differences in the single-chemical fiber reactive dye colors
• adapt the cold water dyes to silk
• follow up with your own explorations with cold water dyes
This ground-breaking high definition (HD) video presentation is a complete workshop + extension of the techniques Ann introduced in her 1997 ground-breaking book, Color by Accident: Low-Water Immersion Dyeing.
Color By Accident: Exploring Low Water Immersion Dyeing
Total runtime: 4 hrs 19 min
English Audio Track with English Subtitles
©2013 Ann Johnston (Publisher) | Studio Galli Productions (Producer)
Includes Bonus PDF recipes + notes + more!