Cloth Doll Making with Patti Medaris Culea
The first in the series of workshops with Patti Medaris Culea and one of the most popular! The focus in this workshop is on the doll itself: the face, body, arms, legs, hands and feet. Drawing doll faces, painting lacy trims and dyeing the doll's body with fabric paints.
One of the finest workshops available on the fundamentals of making art cloth dolls. Nearly five (5) hours of detailed step-by-step video instruction covering all of the essential things you will need to know to make your own cloth dolls. If you are brand new to doll-making or an experienced artist looking to add some useful techniques and ideas to your skill set, 'Cloth Doll Making' is sure to provide many new skills. Highlights include:
- Drawing Doll's Faces
- Working with Colored Pencils and Shiva Paintstiks™
- Making (Sewing, turning and Stuffing) Doll hands
- Learning Cloth Doll Body Basics
- Wire Armatures for Arms and Legs
- Body Contours and Highlights
- Choosing and Sewing on Hair and Wigs
- Ideas from Friends (Gallery Showing)
- Direct Dyeing the Body and Flesh Tones
- Painted Shoes, Laces and Trims
- Creating an Embellished Bodice and Arms
- Pulling it All Together
- Adding Finishing Touches
- Sewing Flat and Dimensional Doll Heads
Includes Bonus PDF!
This workshop includes a wonderful bonus doll pattern (PDF) that you can download and use in your doll projects. "Ilmaria, Guardian of the Stars" a doll pattern which is used throughout the workshop. Use the techniques you have learned in the video demonstrations to create your own wonderful interpretation of this cloth doll.
Highly recommended for beginning to intermediate doll makers. More advanced artists may prefer to do the demonstration doll in the video where embellishing plays a more central theme.
"A simple doll body is made which allows a smooth surface for stamping and dyeing. Ilmaria’s hands are wired so they can be posed to hold her star wand. She’s an elf, so I'll show you how to make an Elfish face . Very easy beadwork finishes this lovely doll." - Patti Medaris Culea
- 3 PDFs + 27 Videos
- Bonus Doll Pattern
- Requires 2.4GB for Download