Color By Accident: Exploring Low-water Immersion Dyeing
with Ann Johnston
Take a workshop with Ann Johnston in your own home!
In an orderly progression of topics with over 250 samples of fabric + 17 demonstrations, Ann teaches how and when to vary her basic method of Low-Water Immersion Dyeing, including how to:
• mix colors without exact recipes
• create a smooth value gradation across one piece of fabric
• manipulate the fabric to create many different textures
• manage large pieces of fabric in small spaces
• see the differences in the single-chemical dye colors
• adapt the Procion® dyes to silk
• follow up with your own explorations with dyes
This ground-breaking high definition (HD) video presentation is a complete workshop + extension of the techniques Ann introduced in her 1997 ground-breaking book, Color by Accident: Low-Water Immersion Dyeing.
Total runtime: 4 hrs 19 min
English Audio Track with English Subtitles
©2013 Ann Johnston (Publisher) | Studio Galli Productions (Producer)
Includes Bonus PDF recipes + notes + more!
This color-filled video is packed with information and will inspire many experiments by those of all skill levels who are ready to use their own unique fabrics in their quilts, garments and textile artworks.